published by: Alec One
Question: Should I endorse news as facts?
Answer: It depends…
My Uncle Mcluhan taught me a lesson and a valuable skill. The skill allows me to view reality through the eyes of a scientist.
Skill: Develop Understanding
- The world moves too fast to have a point of view, instead, develop an understanding.
- Information moves to fast to have a stationary target.
- Information manufacturers your identity.
- Understand the process of “how” news becomes news.
- Seek understanding of how information and environment manufacturers your identity.
- Don’t seek angles, or points of view regarding information.
- Dialogue is fundamental for the discovery process.
- Most discoveries occur during the act of talking, not after.
- The mask, role, or persona I choose when I am hunting and gathering news information will be focused towards understanding through dialogue.
- Understanding the process of how information is manufactured and then presented to the public is a critical skill to develop in cyberspace.
- If you have a single point of view in a world with infinite perspectives, then your identity could be constructed by the creators of the information news created for you.
- I’ll close this mind purge on this note. Remember to review this periodically and discover different pathways to view reality…