published by: Alec One
I’m not sure what I would do in a situation of having to decide if a country, that uses chemical weapons to kill humans, should have their weapons immediately destroyed. I have heard the thoughts of others debate if the President of the United States of America has the authority to make a decision like this. I also wonder what others would do if they had to make this decision themselves.
I don’t have the same intelligence as President Trump, but I do have the same public intelligence as the other media outlets. Which means I can form my own opinions regarding the air strike and share my thoughts with the world.
- The United States fired Tomahawk missiles into Syria.
- The strike was conducted using Tomahawk Land Attack Missiles, or TLAMs
- The strike targeted Shayrat Airfield in Homs governorate.
- The strike was in response to the Syrian government’s chemical weapons attack, that killed or injured hundreds of innocent Syrian people, including women and children.
- The U.S. took extraordinary measures to avoid civilian casualties and to comply with the Law of Armed Conflict.
- Shayrat Airfield was used to store chemical weapons and Syrian air forces.
- The strike was intended to deter the regime from using chemical weapons again.
- The use of chemical weapons against innocent people will not be tolerated.
I don’t believe I have enough knowledge regarding the complete situation in Syria to make claims of what the POTUS should have done. I do feel the airstrike was necessary to prevent further Syrian human pain. I also think the world will become safer when the International community comes together to reduce human tragedy. And on that note, I will close out and go enhance my mind with substances…
Source: Statement from Pentagon Spokesman: Capt. Jeff Davis